Friday, September 12, 2008

From a close friend in high school...

Received this fun memory in the "Come on...Share a Memory" comments yesterday:


Kari and I were close friends for a couple of years in high school and we lost touch after school.

I remember when I first started hanging out with her in her little red car - driving back and forth from Waco to Gatesville. We were driving one day and it started to rain, she flipped on the windshield wipers and nothing happened. She remembered that they were malfunctioning and her dad disconnected them the day before. We rolled down the windows and tried to "wipe" the windshield ourselves, just laughing the whole time...thankfully the rain stopped quickly and we could see again, but we were drenched. She was just the funniest, sweetest, craziest girl I knew - full of life and energy. She is missed tremendously!
~ Julie Robken Kopp


Thanks, Julie =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I love this memory. It is wonderful to touch base with you again. Kari would love it! She and I would talk about the fun you two had in high school. I have so many pictures of you and Kari on the ski trip we all took to Colorado.

Bless you....and your sweet family.
Linda