Thursday, May 15, 2008

Couple of New Memories Shared.....

These two people left memories in the Come Share a Memory comments. I like to bring these to the top to share with everyone.

"Matt Baker was a pastor at my church several years ago - North Lake Baptist church - and I got to know both Matt, Kari, and their wonderful little girls. I taught during sunday school on several occassions and had their oldest in the class. Kari was always smiling and had some much wonderful things to say. She also taught a series by Beth Moore and had us ladies learn so much during her lessons. She also spoke about Cassie and how God had given her Gracie, not as a replacement, but as a wonderful gift. She said that initially she did not think that God would take her little girl because she was different, she was a Christian, but it happened and sometimes bad things happen to Christians. It was hard getting through this and she still misses her, but she had grown through this experience and I think by her going through that - it made her appreciate life and her family.

I could NEVER imagine that Kari would have done something like this. Actually, I did not even know about this new information until this past weekend when my mom said she saw matt on tv giving an interview and how guilty he looked.Kari was the type that would give you her shirt off her back. I remember when I told her that I was going back to school to be an elementary school teacher, she said that she wished she could give me her degree so I wouldn't have to take all the classes.

Kari was a beautiful person inside and out!!! We will miss you!!!!"



and another....

"Hi, my name is Valerie and I knew Kari from when they were at Northlake Baptist Church in Dallas, Tx. I always thought she was the sweetest lady. Always willing to lend a helping hand and I could tell she just adored her two little girls.

When I heard about what happened I was shocked beyond belief. Kari would never do that I thought! I hope justice is served to Matt..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't ya'll find it interesting that people who knew BOTH Kari and Matt do NOT believe Kari would have taken her life. In these two memories Matt was their pastor, yet you don't see them defending him. Quite the opposite.

Very telling.