Friday, January 25, 2008

Okay........

Okay. So I'm looking for some boots I haven't worn in a while.....in the bottom of my closet. Master closet is main storage area. Looking, moving over, looking...what's that? Wow. A stack of WCS yearbooks. These aren't "mine"....they were loaned to me when our alumni association was putting together a reunion and website a while back. Hmmmmmm....what years are these?

Have I mentioned the night I first met Kari at SV's "Blast Off" night before school.....August of 2005. Kari was a new teacher at our school that year. We were anxious to meet Bro's teacher and hoped it'd be a good fit. We were one of the first families there that night and Kari and I got to visit a while without too much interruption. Didn't take long at all to get to the fact we were both Waco Christian School Warriors. SMALL WORLD! I mean, my class was only 15. Small, small private school. She didn't come to WCS until after I had graduated. But we still had that "Warrior" bond right away. ;)

Okay. Back to the yearbooks I stumbled upon this morning. I found so many pictures of Kari. She was a part of so much that made up Waco Christian School. I will apologize ahead of time for the quality of the photos in this small school yearbook from 16ish years ago and the quality of being able to scan them in. But I don't think you will find it hard to find Kari in the following yearbook photographs. (Note: There were many more photos that were just too small, too dark or too fuzzy to scan well.)

I give you Waco Christian School 1991-1993.













Junior Year - Mascot, Varsity Basketball, Varsity Softball, Key Club, Active in Young Life, Who's Who, Most Improved Mascot, Spark Plug Award in softball, Most Improvced in Basketball,Active in church Youth Group.

Senior Year - Mascot, Varsity Basketball, Varsity Softball, Heart O' Texas Sweetheart, Key Club, Class Fundraisers, Active in church Youth Group.












I have much more to say.....will have to save it for another day. My kids are a 'callin.....

Once a Warrior...........Always a Warrior.

Goodnight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Hate him for taking her away from us!

Kari, I love you so much! And I know you are watching over us now! But it's not fair that such an evil man took away such an amazing person!

I love you always and forever
Ryann

Anonymous said...

I pray that Kari's girls will grow into strong and wonderful women like their mother.

Anonymous said...

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
You can run on for a long time
But sooner or later God'll cut you down.
Sooner or later God will cut you down.



~ Johnny Cash

Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed how confident Kari's smile was? That was something I always envied about her. She carried herself with such confidence, always holding her head high!

Anonymous said...

What spirit she had. Kari is missed so very much.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know when the "Texas Monthly" article is coming out? I hope that reporter did his or her homework!

I know someone who knows the Dulins. I heard they (Dulins) and those connected to them didn't talk to the 20/20 people. They just weren't confident in the people they spoke to initially. I didn't hear anything bad. I just heard they didn't want to be interviewed. I was told that 20/20 may be running the piece soon....that ought to be an "honest" report with nothing but MB's side interviewed (not).
Oh well, the viewing public will get it.

Drop a comment if you know when the article and 20/20 will run.

Anonymous said...

I believe the Texas Monthly article is due out very soon. As for 20/20. No clue as to when that will air. I imagine it will be a repeat of what we have seen so far in the news with MB twisting truth, telling lies and exploiting his daughters.

Anonymous said...

Believing the truth will be exposed....believing....believing.