Friday, November 16, 2007

Who are we to judge?

"God alone has the power to judge eternal judgement and/or final condemnation. But God commands believers to test, prove, judge and discern what is true and what is right and wrong. We are not to judge the hearts and intents of man, but we are to judge actions and discern right from wrong. The word 'judge' (Greek-krino) is used over 80 times in the New Testament and it means to call in question, discern, conclude, decree and determine." (letusreason.org - I don't know this organization but I liked the way this was worded so I used it.)

John 7:24, Hebrews 5:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:21, Matthew 18:16, and 1 Thessalonians 5:21 as a start. The Bible is very clear and strong on this point.

Good Question: Who are we to Judge? (by B. Larson on ChristianityToday.com)

Common sense suggests that if no one ever judged other people, there would be no real human community. In a sinful world, no community can exist for long where nobody is ever held accountable: no teacher would grade a student's performance; no citizen would sit on a jury or call a failed leader to account. And, when you come to think of it, nobody would ever forgive anyone for wrongs he had done; we only forgive people for what we blame them, and we blame them only after we have judged them.


Is it right to judge others? (Good article by M. Randall)

Today it seems the most often quoted Bible verse is Matthew 7:1, “Judge not, that ye be not judged." Some use it without realizing its true meaning and others, Christian and non Christians, use it to avoid accountability. Hypocrites for example would use it to avoid being challenged in their wrong doing. What does this verse really mean? Does this verse teach that we cannot judge others?



If someone believes there is good evidence and belief that someone commits a crime such as murder, they are not to just sit by and do and think nothing. They are to deliver the alleged offender to the authorities and prove, test and discern. This is what our criminal justice system is for. Surely no one wants to do away with the Courts and trials of all kinds because they are afraid to judge right from wrong and to free the righteous and rebuke and punish the evildoer. I do not and will not ever judge Matt's soul. If he did this and it's proved he did this beyond a shadow of a doubt, I pray that he repents and earnestly seeks God's forgiveness and receives it. I don't want him to go to hell. I am not trying to condemn him at all. And if he's innocent, what a wonderful relief and joyous day it will be when all this is officially put behind him. But this case needs to be tried. The truth deserves to come out. Don't we all want that?


Responding to whoever wrote responding that they agreed with me totally but....
I don't think that my postings and/or comments are evil in the least. I do feel passionately and probably come across that way a lot. I won't apologize for that. Until I see/hear evidence conflicting my opinions, I do not think/believe Kari took her own life. I don't think Kari "chose to leave her girls." It's a gut wrenching subject matter we're discussing and feelings and passions are heated. It's human nature. I've time and time again said I'm not condemning anyone. Not my job. But I am commanded by God to test and discern what is right and wrong and stand on the side of right....to pray....and let God work his plan. In this day and age and with my affinity to the internet and information and communication, I chose to start a blog with the links and information on this case. I never dreamed anyone besides me and a few of my friends and family would ever even see this. I really never dreamed that both family and friends of Matt's and Kari's would come here at all...especially with the frequency and number of hits each day that this blog is getting. Someone complained that this blog is too one-sided on Kari's behalf. Well, it is my blog. I post the news reports and I post my reactions to those reports, my thoughts and my memories. I'm not sitting on the fence on this and neither should my output. If you agree with me and find solace here, check back and keep in touch. If you don't agree with me and this blog just irritates the fire out of you.....I don't mean this rudely at all.....but you don't have to check back and keep in touch. Don't put more irritation into your life than you have already.

With such a passionate and intense subject matter as this, you would expect feelings and opinions to be expressed. Mine...and those commenting to mine and/or others. Yes, sometimes they are calm and sometimes they are more heated. But I don't find my posts or comments evil.

A few of my favorite quotes sum it up:

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. ~Edmund Burke

He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done. ~Leonardo da Vinci

When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail. ~Pearl S. Buck

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~Albert Einstein

Be honest in your judgment and do not decide at a glance (superficially and by appearances); but judge fairly and righteously. ~God


We just need to examine the evidence so we can properly (not superfically) once and for all determine in this case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I babystitted Kari and Adam for many years. She was a wonderful young woman who to me was the epitome of what a strong, good hearted woman should be, even at a young age. We stayed the summer in Lubbock and we three bonded in that little apartment while Mrs. Dulin was working on her master's. Kari and Adam were why I always wanted to have children. It is very hearbreaking to hear about this and to see the family go through this. Kari, you will always be in my heart. Mrs. Dulin, Jim, Adam, and Kari's children, you all are in my deepest prayers. God bless you and give you strength. Know that you will meet again in a better place. For now, you guys stick together and know you are so deeply loved.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, mmatus for finding this blog and for taking some time to share your memories and support of Kari and her family. It is greatly appreciated by them all, I am sure. It goes to show what a special connection Kari and her family had with so many wonderful people in their lifetimes....and ongoing as well.

If you don't mind, I will C&P this memory into another memory post as well. Thank you again! Keep in touch!!