Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

I received an email from Mrs. Dulin today. She wanted to share a story that Kari's best friend, Jill, shared with her recently. With permission, I post it below:
"Kari’s dear friend, Jill, shared a sweet story with me yesterday. I thought I would share it with you. Jill took her son, Samuel, to Chik-fil-a last week. While they were there, Samuel was given a balloon. He told his mom, 'I know I am too old for balloons but I just love them.' Jill assured him that he wasn’t too old to love balloons. And then…..the balloon slipped out of Samuel’s hand and escaped into the air. As it floated high into the sky, Samuel said, 'That balloon is for Kari.'

Samuel loved Kari. And he still loves Kensi and Grace. He always called them 'his girls.' ”


So many people miss Kari's vibrant spirit and playful ways. So many.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that story, Mrs. Dulin. Keep praying and working for justice because you have legions of people behind you.
Suzie

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet Sam! Just one of the lives touched by Kari.

Aunt Granny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...